We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Dental health is key to the overall well-being of our pets. Starting January 1, 2020, schedule a visit, and we can help you brush up on oral healthcare and prevention of dental disease for your pets. Together we can achieve a healthier smile for your furry friend.
We offer comprehensive dental cleanings to prevent dental disease. The earlier dental disease is detected, the sooner your pet gets back to having a happy, healthy mouth. Book your next appointment today!
Welcome to Spryfield Animal Hospital in Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Spryfield Animal Hospital was built in 1982 by Dr. Ross Ainslie and has since been committed to offering excellence in animal health care, promoting responsible pet ownership and health-related educational opportunities for our clients. Our health care team at Spryfield Animal Hospital offers over 131 years of experience with extensive and ongoing training in all aspects of veterinary medicine. Our team offers the most advanced diagnostic and medical care to our patients.
Spryfield Animal Hospital is proud to be an accredited member of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). Our accreditation demonstrates our commitment to the highest standards of veterinary care. These standards cover nearly every aspect of our hospital, including surgery, pharmacy, laboratory, exam facilities, patient care, cleanliness, client service, emergency services, diagnostic imaging, and anesthesiology. The AAHA accreditation process is rigorous and exact and only about 7 percent of Animal Hospitals in North America receive this highly valued accreditation.
The professional and courteous health care team at Spryfield Animal Hospital provides the best possible medical, surgical and dental care for our highly-regarded patients. While we are experts in our field dedicated to giving our best every day, we are also pet owners who understand your desire to give your pets the best care. We treat all of our patients as if they were our own pets. Please take a moment to contact us today, to learn more about how our veterinary practice can serve the needs of you and your cherished pet. We look forward to being Your Other Family Doctor!
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 902-477-4040. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Wednesday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Spryfield Animal Hospital