We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
I chose to work in the field of Veterinary Medicine because my love of animals meshed perfectly with my desire to practice medicine in some capacity. I have always found myself wanting to help those who could not help themselves and working so closely with animals has given me great fulfillment every day. After trying different careers in the health care industry I still felt like I was missing something. It wasn't long before I realized that choosing a career as an animal advocate was the job I was always meant to have. As soon as I got my foot in the door I never looked back!
I graduated in 2017 and the aspect of Veterinary medicine that interests me the most is the "hands-on" portion of my job. I love doing blood draws, assisting with surgeries and bandaging. My goal is to be able to complete these procedures while ensuring the animals in our care feel as little anxiety and fear as possible. I want each patient to feel safe and loved while they are with us, as I would want my own pets to feel when receiving any medical care.
The thing I love most about my job is getting the opportunity to help those who can't help themselves, to ease pain and fear of sick animals and to ensure they receive the best care possible. I am so lucky to work at this clinic with these amazing individuals who are so supportive, caring, intelligent and funny. They make this a place I look forward to going each day and they constantly encourage each other to continue learning and growing.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 902-477-4040. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Wednesday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Spryfield Animal Hospital